If you’re a FIFO worker in Karratha, there really is only one place to stay – Searipple Village. Read on to find out what you can expect at both Searipple Village and in Karratha itself.
Choosing the right accommodation in an isolated, small mining town like Karratha is an important decision. When you choose Searipple Village, you’ll have everything you need in one convenient location. It will be your home away from home.
Searipple Village offers a range of amenities for you to enjoy after a hard days’ work, including:
- your choice of queen, double or king single rooms. Each room is air conditioned and contains an ensuite. Each also has a TV, Foxtel and in-house movies. Both queen and double rooms come with a free internet service.
- three dining options for breakfast, takeaway lunch and dinner.
- a licensed bar where you can relax and unwind over a drink and a game of pool.
- two on-site gyms where you can keep fit with individual or group classes.
- a tennis court.
- a basketball court.
- two pools that are perfect for cooling off all-year round. Karratha’s temperatures average 35 degrees in summer and between 28 and 28 in winter, so a pool is a must!
- grass playing fields that are perfect for kicking a footy or a game of cricket.
- a laundry.
- car parking facilities.
We have 1,300 rooms available and we pride ourselves on providing FIFO workers with good accommodation, good food and plenty of opportunity to rest, relax and have fun.
Searipple has been purpose-built to accommodate the needs of FIFO workers. Set on 15 hectares, we are one of the largest FIFO accommodation villages in Western Australia, and we have a real community feel.
We also understand that health is important. That’s why we offer an on-site health and lifestyle coordinator available to promote the physical and mental health of our residents. Our coordinator runs regular gym classes, organises social events and arranges weekend excursions to some of the many attractions in the Pilbara region.
Searipple is conveniently located right next to the beach, just five minutes from Karratha’s City Centre and just 20 minutes from the airport. We offer a shuttle bus to the City Centre where you can find:
- the Karratha City Shopping Centre that includes popular retail stores like Kmart, Coles and Woolworths.
- the Karratha Leisureplex. It has both 50-metre and 25-metre lap pools, squash, tennis, badminton, basketball, netball, basketball and futsal courts, as well as a fully equipped gym with personal trainers and group fitness classes available.
- the newly built Red Earth Arts Precinct, a newly opened $56 million art and cultural centre.
Things to do in Karratha and the Pilbara region
One of the great things about Karratha is its uniqueness. You can get to see and do things that you wouldn’t anywhere else. So you may as well make the most of the opportunities!
Some of the ‘must-do’ things include:
- a swim at Hearson’s Cove, which is just 25 minutes from Searipple Village. You can also go fishing or spot turtles there, as well as observe the ‘Staircase to the Moon’ phenomenon between March and October.
- visiting Millstream National Park for a day trip. It’s about a 2-hour drive and a great spot to venture to on your day/s off.
- numerous heritage trails where you can soak up the unique flora and fauna of the region, including the Cossack Heritage Trail and the Yaburara Heritage Trail.
What our FIFO residents have to say about Searipple Village
Check out some of our recent 5-star reviews:
“Very friendly and helpful reception staff ! Rooms were nice and clean! Food was amazing. Compliments to the chefs!”
“Location done right. Excellent facility and services.”
“Great place to stay. Food was great and rooms were neat and tidy.”
“Great rooms, awesome food.”
“Great wet mess. Rooms clean. Only about 5 mins to drive to town.”
“Very clean and great food.”
“Great people, good food, clean rooms.”
“Love it here! Great place and good bunch of people!!!”
“Good camp, great food!”
“Excellent place to stay.”
“Good camp, excellent food and well fitted out rooms.”
“Best camp food in the Pilbara.”
We could go on and on, but you get the gist!
Get in touch with us
If you’re a FIFO worker and you’d like to find out more about staying at Searipple Village in Karratha, Contact us today. We’d love to answer any questions you have about our accommodation and what we offer.